IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
The Smith-Appleby House Museum began as a one-room stone-ender with a loft above. It was built (circa 1696) by Elisha Smith, the grandson of John Smith “The Miller”, cartographer of the NE coastline and a member of Roger William’s original party of six men who left the Massachusetts Bay Colony to settle in Providence. The size of the house was doubled when a two-room (circa 1730) was brought to the site, and attached to the original house. Other additions and modifications were made over the
220 Stillwater Road, Smithfield, RI 02917