IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
In 1922, buoyed by the continued growth of the Catholic population in Rhode Island and with a deep conviction for the value of Catholic education, Bishop William Hickey started a campaign to raise funds for the construction of two new Catholic high schools, one in Pawtucket and the other in Newport.
By 1924, Bishop Hickey had raised the required funds and worked with the De La Salle Christian Brothers to open the two new secondary schools for boys.
The Pawtucket high school was to be located in
194 Walcott Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860