IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
In 1829, the people of Providence were moving beyond the East Side, to west of the Providence River, which was little more than a wilderness. With an increasing population and expanding economy, some of the parishioners of St. John’s Episcopal Church on the East Side petitioned their rector, the Rev. Nathan Crocker, for permission to start a new Episcopal church in the fast-growing west section of town. The Rev. Crocker gave his consent, but it must have taken considerable courage on his part
175 Mathewson Street, Providence, RI 02903
Nov 10, 2018