IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
Elijah Angell, a local stonecutter, built this two-story farmhouse around 1825. Elijah was the son of Olney and Sarah Angell, whose fifty-acre farm was located just to the northwest. Elijah’s house was later lived in by the Collins and Farnum families and eventually was sold to the town in 1972. The Johnston Historical Society acquired the property in 1984. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In recent years the house has been restored, and the first floor has been set up
101 Putnam Pike, Johnston, RI 02919