IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
Weaver Library originally opened at its present location on Grove Avenue back in 1938. The library is named after Susan Weaver, a founder of the Watchemocket Free Library. Watchemocket Square was the early business district of East Providence
The area known today as East Providence was part of Massachusetts Bay Colony (Seekonk and Rehoboth). In 1862 part of Seekonk annexed to Rhode Island and became East Providence.
The East Providence Library system at one point included 4 library branches –
41 Grove Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914