IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
In 1907, the new Sayles Gymnasium (now Smith-Buonanno Hall) opened for the use of female students. The building’s facilities included a track, a bowling alley and a “resting room.” Among wider efforts to create a separate women’s culture at the college, the development of physical education was seen as key to attracting a broader range of students.
95 Cushing Street, Providence, RI 02906