IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Please refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. CLICK HERE for a special message from the ArtsNowRI.
Built by Eleazer Arnold in 1693, the Arnold House is a rare surviving example of a "stone-ender," a once common building type with roots found in the western part of England. With a fieldstone end wall and pilastered chimney, the Arnold House was built as a two-and-a-half-story structure with an integral lean-to and four rooms on each floor. A front gable once topped the structure. The result was a much grander dwelling than the typical Rhode Island stone-ender.
Donated to Historic New England
487 Great Road, Lincoln, RI 02865