249 High Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
In 1926 the parishioners of Saint Mary Church passed a resolution to build a new and larger church. This new edifice was to be built over the present basement building. Father George Nahas then began a drive for donations to raise funds to build the church. His relentless efforts helped make the dream a reality. During the day he labored with the workers in the construction, while in the evening he sought more donations in order to accomplish the task. The cost of the new church was $65,000. The parish needed assistance to fulfill this mission. Through the work of Father George Nahas, the parish obtained the endorsement of the industrialist Lyman B. Goff who provided the needed capital.